Vortex Viper PST Gen II 1-6×24 Riflescope VMR-2 MOA
The Vortex Viper PST Gen II 1-6×24 is a higher level riflescope which is designed to give unfair advantage to shooters who seek to keep the upper hand in every situation from close quarters to long-range shots.
The first and most noticeable change from the previous generation of PST scopes is the integration of the brightness adjustment of the reticle backlight with the parallax adjustment turret.
This solution significantly improves the ergonomics of the telescope and has a positive effect on the speed of changing its settings.
The backlight has 10 brightness levels, each level is preceded by an off-switch.
This allows you to turn off the backlight without having to turn the control over the full range, but only by one degree.
The reticle offers shooters highly functional, intuitive, and detailed hold points, yet remains uncluttered for optimal viewing.
Vortex Viper PST Gen II 1-6×24 is a scope that will meet the expectations of the most demanding shooters in military service, sport shooting and hunting.
VMR-2 RETICLE (MOA)
Hash-marked reticle using MOA or MRAD-based subtension lines for ranging, holdover, and windage corrections. Letters refer to reticle subtensions listed in chart below.
Subtension detail for Viper PST Gen II 1-6×24 riflescope with VMR-2 MOA reticle.
Reticle Manual (PDF) Download
Characteristics of Vortex Viper PST Gen II 1-6×24 Rifle Scope
- XD lenses – high-density glass characterized by very low dispersion, which ensures great resolution and color saturation
- XR Lens Coating – Vortex’s patented multi-layer anti-reflective coating on the XR lenses improves light transmission for superior image clarity
- Second Focal Plane Reticle – The reticle scale maintains the same size regardless of the magnification set, with the graduation being the most accurate at highest
- Glass-etched Reticle – protected by two layers of glass to ensure resistance and reliability
- Reticle illumination – the riflescope illumination is adjustable from 0 to 10, thanks to which we can adjust the light intensity to work daytime at higher values and at night at lower levels. Additionally, the lowest levels allow the scope to cooperate with night vision.
- 30 mm tube – provides a much wider range of vertical and horizontal adjustment compared to an inch tube
- Single-piece tube – increases the strength of the telescope and its water resistance
- Durable Aircraft-grade aluminum alloy – made of one piece of aluminum alloy, the rifle scope is more resistant to damage
- Waterproof – built-in seals prevent the penetration of moisture, dust and debris, which improves the reliability of the telescope in all conditions
- Fog resistant – Argon purging prevents fogging over a wide temperature range
- Impact resistance – the lenses are mechanically attached and secured so that the telescope does not become distorted in the event of kickback or dropping it
- Hard Anodized finish – hard anodizing means high resistance, in addition, it allows you to camouflage the position of the shooter
- ArmorTek coating – an extremely hard and scratch-resistant coating protects the outer part of the lenses from scratching, oil or dirt
- Precision-Force Spring System – the reticle adjustment system was made of high quality materials and springs, this made it possible to achieve very high precision and smoothness, which translates into an increase in the repeatability of the shots fired.
- Precision-Glide Erector System – the components used for the magnification adjustment systems have been prepared with high precision and of the highest quality materials, this attention to every detail allowed us to achieve high fluidity, regardless of the prevailing conditions.
- Fast focus of the eyepiece – allows you to quickly and easily zoom in on the reticle.
- Vortex Viper PST Gen II 1-6×24 Rifle Scope
- Battery CR2032 3V
- Lens covers
- Lifetime Warranty
Graham @ vortexoptics.com –
The glass is very bright and clear, the hash marks on the reticule make holdovers easy. With a calibrated dope card I can make 600yard hits with an AR all day. My only complaint is that there’s no auto shut off for the illuminated reticule, so I’ve killed several batteries forgetting to turn it off. Best optic for the money for an AR in my opinion.